Services to Consumers
Service to Consumers
- The prerequisite for success in marketing is to ensure availability of products in places frequented by large number of people. Keeping this in view, Aavin products are being sold in major stores and super markets like Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh etc. Further efforts are on to persuade similar format stores situated in Metro.
- Realizing the popularity of free home delivery of products, Aavin has entered on a tie-up with online companies like Big Basket and Grofers.
- Aavin is considering appointing of super stockists/ carrying and forwarding agents (C&F) for its fermented products like curd, buttermilk, lassi, yoghurt, paneer etc.
- The number of FROs in Chennai Metro and its suburbs will be increased to strengthen the supply network.
- 3 mobile parlours have been launched for sale of milk products.
- It has been planned to open more number of Aavin outlets in colleges, schools etc.
- An exclusive Aavin e-commerce platform will be developed through which the business enquiries, bulk orders will be obtained.
Various initiatives are being taken to increase the sale of Aavin milk and milk products.
The following variants of milk are being produced and marketed all over the State.
- Toned Milk
- Special Toned Milk
- Standardized Milk
- Full Cream Milk
- Double Toned Milk
- Cow Milk
- Tea mate
- Aavin Gold
Aavin produces various milk products including Ghee, Butter, Buttermilk, Curd, Lassi, Yoghurt, Gulabjamun, Rasagulla, Milk Khoa, variants of Flavoured Milk and Ice Cream.
- Aavin endeavors to sell milk and milk products at most reasonable prices to its customers.
- Aavin brands act as a price control mechanism for controlling the market price of milk and milk products.
- Aavin has taken up vigorous marketing activities to develop its retailer base in the State. Accordingly it is planned to induct more number of retailers for selling aavin milk and milk products extensively.
- It has been proposed to devise a new advertisement & publicity policy for aavin milk and milk products in various media and social websites to attract the younger generation.
- A detailed market study will be undertaken to identify consumer preference of milk products based on which new range of products will be introduced in the market.
- Marketing personnel are trained on consumer behavior, consumer awareness, consumer satisfaction to serve the consumer in a better manner.
- Dairy visits are permitted for School/College students with an aim to inculcate the goodness of aavin.
- Professional advertising consultants have been appointed to suggest the concept and design for advertisement of aavin milk and milk products.
- Attractive seasonal offers and discounts on milk and milk products will be given to promote the sale of Aavin products.
- The average milk sales of District unions in the year 2021-2022 has increased by more than 12% as compared to the year 2020-2021. In terms of volume, it has increased from 11.67 to 13.05 LLPD. In order to attract more consumers, Aavin is continuously introducing new products.
- Milk Sales in Chennai Metro
- TCMPF Limited markets milk and milk products in the Chennai Metro and its suburban areas. The average milk sales in Chennai metro for the year 2021-22 is 13.36 LLPD. Efforts are being taken to increase the milk sales to 15.00 LLPD during 2022-2023.
- Milk products are being marketed by TCMPF Limited in Chennai metro and its suburban areas. Continuous efforts are being taken to bring more uncovered areas under the ambit of the TCMPF by appointing more number of retailers and whole sale dealers.
- During the year 2021-22 the monthly average sale of products was increased to Rs.29.13 crore from Rs.26.53 crore in the year 2020-21.
- In order to promote Aavin milk and milk products various promotional activities are carried out by the TCMPF. This includes providing advertising materials like name boards, notice boards, hanging promotional cards to Aavin retail shops. Aavin milk and milk products are being promoted in social media like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Continuous efforts are being taken by organizing mass campaigns in order to canvass major shopping malls, hyper markets, supermarkets, grocery stores, Government and Non-Government institutions etc.in the District headquarters as well as in Chennai.
In order to build brand image and to enhance sales of milk and milk products, efforts were made to export Aavin products.
Salem Union has obtained the export license for Ultra High Temperature Milk (UHT) and FM Tetra packets while Erode Union has obtained an export license for Ghee.
- Tiruvannamalai plant of TCMPF has obtained an export license for Skimmed Milk Powder and Ghee.
- In addition to export of Aavin products to Singapore, Hong Kong, Qatar and Dubai, exports have been commenced to Kuwait and Sri Lanka and further actions are being taken to export Aavin products to other countries shortly.
In addition to UHT Milk, Ghee and Flavoured Milk, TCMPF is planning to export products like Badam Mix Powder, Gulab Jamun Mix Powder, Paneer and is working to enhance the shelf life of products like Khoa, Mysorepa, Peda, Gulabjamun, Rasagulla, and Bucket Curd in order to export these products.
So far, a total of 7,15,476 litres of UHT milk valued at Rs.355.30 lakh, 28,659 litres Ghee valued at Rs.115.39 lakh and 1107 litres of Flavoured Milk valued at Rs.0.99 lakh has been exported to the above countries.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu has handed over “Business Agreement” to“ Whole Sale Dealers” for selling Aavin milk and milk products in other States namely Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and to “Merchant Exporters” of other Countries viz., Dubai, Abudhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Oman, Qatar, Canada and United States of America on 21.08.2021.
Further, in order to appoint more number of exporters and Whole Sale Dealers, the applications for the same have been made available at the Aavin website (www.aavinmilk.com) which can be downloaded free of cost.
Based on the above, new whole sale dealer has been appointed for Andaman and Nicobar Island and exporters have been appointed for New Zealand, UAE and USA.
To study the prevailing market conditions and to suggest immediate action to increase sales professionally qualified persons will be engaged on contract basis.
New agents/FROs are to be appointed for effective coverage of the uncovered market and to increase the sales.
Advertisement and sales promotional activities will be geared up to develop brand loyalty and brand image.
Opening of parlours at educational institutions are undertaken to improve awareness among the youngsters and to increase sales.
Appointment of Super stockist to cover all super markets, departmental stores, institutions and caterers in Chennai Metro and suburbs.
Availability of Aavin products in big retailers like Big Bazaar, Reliance Fresh, Reliance Metro are carried out to boost the sale.
Appointment of whole sale dealer in every state.
Sale of SMP in consumer packs will be introduced in north eastern states
Aavin has a well-established infrastructure facility in order to aid consumers in providing easy access to milk and milk products.
1.There are dedicated milk depots and delivery points at strategic locations all over the State.
2. In order to market the milk products, various sales outlets have been established all over the State. This includes Aavin’s own parlours and private franchises.
3. More no. of salesmen/milk agents are being appointed on continuous basis in order to increase the sales in the uncovered areas.
Further, Aavin milk is being supplied through various other channels.
1. Aavin milk and milk products are being supplied to companies, colleges, Govt. Hospitals, hostels and refugee camps.
2. In order to cater the needs for special occasions like marriage and other functions, special order booking is facilitated to supply milk and milk products at the doorsteps of the customers.
3. Rigorous efforts are being taken to cover more number of petty shops, provisional stores, tea shops, bakeries, etc. Recently the security deposit for the appointment of Franchisee Retail Outlet (FRO), has been reduced from Rs.10,000 to Rs.1,000.
Special Sales Camps
Special varieties of sweets were produced during last Deepavali festival. In order to market these sweets, several makeshift parlours were arranged for general public at Metro and District Unions. Makeshift parlours and mobile sales are being carried out on regular basis during various occasions with the aim of reaching to larger mass.
In view of Pongal festival for the year 2022, Tamil Nadu Government had included 100ml Ghee pet jar as one of the items in the gift hamper intended for ration card holders. In this regard, 2,15,67,122 Nos. of 100ml Ghee pet jars worth Rs.120.77 crore were supplied to Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd.
During Deepavali 2021, special sweets and other milk products were sold at a value of Rs.82.11 crore compared to Rs.57.20 crore in 2020. This was 44% more than the previous year.
On 19.01.2022, five new milk products namely Dairy whitener, Drinking Yoghurt, Milk Cake, Milk Protein Noodles and Payasam mix have been launched by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.
Sales expansion plan
- It has been proposed to increase the FRO sales by appointing more number of FRO in uncovered areas.
- The existing terms and conditions fixed for FRO have been modified and the cumbersome process of submitting application physically has been done away with. Now, the application form can be downloaded online, and filled in applications can also be submitted online
- The Security Deposit has been reduced from Rs.10,000 to Rs.1,000
- It has been proposed to extend the online mode of supply with commercial delivery channels.
- Direct online booking for Aavin milk and products shall also be facilitated by appointing delivery partners.
- The present 10% of the total institutional product sales shall be increased further by appointing more number of institutional WSDs and bringing more number of institutions under the domain of Aavin (aiming to reach Rs.5 Crore).
- Currently Aavin has introduced milk and products sales through e-commerce mode in small numbers. As the digital market is growing exponentially, Aavin will make all possible efforts to increase the market share in the digital market.
- In the near future, efforts will be taken to export these products to Mauritius, Malaysia, USA, New Zealand etc. Export promotion will be initiated in these countries. Thus, the sale volume of Aavin Products will be increased by around five times in exports
The Consumer Care and Support Cell (CCSC) of the TCMPF is functioning at the corporate office, Nandanam. It is provided with a Toll-Free No. 1800-425-3300. Since this unit is functioning 24 x 7, consumers can contact the cell anytime for registering and redressal of their complaints/grievances.
The CCSC is communicating the complaints/grievance to the section/officials concerned immediately and necessary action is taken to rectify the complaints. During the year 2021-2022, a total of 2199 complaints were received and disposed.
Complaints were also received through social media (Facebook – Aavintn; Twitter @Aavintn and Instagram @aavintn) and rectified.
Dear customers, Incase you are not aware of the Milk Booth or Automatic vending machine number in your locality you may get assistance here.
- Get Detailed List of Depots
- Get Detailed List of AVMs’
- Get Detailed List of FROs’
Do you want to get the contact nos, Postal address of the aavin offices ? Get it Here ! Use our Toll free Telephone Service….. 18004253300 Last date for the sale of milk cards and the commencement of milk supply details
Aavin has a well-knit distribution channels in order to supply milk and milk products in Chennai Metro and its suburban areas.
- 1. Distribution Routes
- 2. Zonal Offices
- 3. Milk Depots
- 4. Delivery Points
- 5. Parlours
- 6. Milk Whole Sale Distributors
- 7. Milk Consumers' Co-operative Societies
- 8. Franchise Retail Outlets
- 9. Products Distribution Routes
More than 516 milk booths in Chennai from which the milk in packed condition are being distributed / sold in the morning and in the evening. These milk booths are controlled by zonal offices offering services like sale of milk card, stop supply and booking of special order for milk and products etc. Do you want to get the contact numbers, Postal address of the Zonal offices related to your area? Use Our Zone Directory. Go here
Aavin is the only milk Co-operative in the country that sells monthly milk cards to the Consumers. This unique feature is being followed to achieve Consumers’ patronage and to retain them. In this system monthly milk cost is received in advance at a concessional rate than MRP. The consumer in turn receives uninterrupted supply of milk at a subsidized rate.
In order to facilitate better consumer service, it has been proposed to provide the Milk Card directly to the consumer doorsteps.